A blog dedicated to my interest in witchcraft, the paranormal, art, and anything that catches my eye. I'm 22 years old, I follow my own path so eclectic would be the best word but just trying to make sense of it all.
It’s that time again! Here’s the scoop: • follow us➡ omniastudios. Must be a follower to be eligible. • REBLOG this post, do not delete original text. • NO giveaway only blogs and only reblog ONCE PER DAY. • Winner receives one sterling silver Celestial Lunar Oracle ring in their size, valued at $270 USD. • Giveaway ends October 13th, 2014. Winner will be chosen at random using random.org and announced on October 14th. • Must be 18 years old or have parent/guardian permission to enter. • This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Tumblr.
Good luck, lovelies! <3
In case you missed it yesterday!
Circus Tree: Six individual sycamore trees were shaped, bent, and braided to form this.
how the hell do you bend and braid a tree
Actually pretty easy. Trees don’t reject tissue from other trees in the same family. You bend the tree to another tree when it is a sapling, scrape off the bark on both trees where they touch, add some damp sphagnum moss around them to keep everything slightly moist and bind them together.
Then wait a few years- The trees will have grown together.
You can use a similar technique to graft a lemon branch or a lime branch or even both- onto an orange tree and have one tree that has all three fruits.
As a biologist I can clearly state that plants are fucking weird and you should probably be slightly afraid of them.
On that note! At the university (UBC) located in town, the Agriculture students were told by their teacher that a tree flipped upside down would die. So they took an excavator and flipped the tree upside down. And it’s still growing. But the branches are now the roots, and the roots are now these super gnarly looking branches. Be afraid.
But Vi, how can you mention that and NOT post a picture? D:
I am both amazed and horrified of nature as we all should be
I’ve used this money spell for about 15 years as it was passed down to me from an older witch.
Need: 4 white candles
Place the items as in the diagram in the picture on a Thursday evening. (I tried posting it and the letters were pushed to the left) Allow the candles to completely burn and sit over night.(There is no special chant or incantation needed to be done. Simply place, light and walk away)
- Mithra in the form of the Leontocephalic Kronos (eternal time). See also: Aion (Uranus), Phanes and the Orphic Egg.
- Abraxas (“The embodied form of God”).
- Cherubium of Ezekiel (c.f. “Living Creatures" and Tetramorph).
- Celestial Virgin with Sun God in her arms. See also: Isis & Horus, Mary & Jesus. Note Orphic Egg c.f. Kundalini wrapped around a Lingam in Muladhara chakra.
- The Jewel of the Rose Croix (where “Rose” is an anagram for “Eros" or Love).
- Magician invoking Elementals (Gnomes, Undines, Salamanders, Slyphs) from within a Magic Circle.
- Paracelsus performing the experiment of palingenesis (creation of a new universe). See also: “The Rose of Paracelsus" by Jorge Luis Borges (1983).
- The Consummation of the Magnum Opus (“Great Work”). See also: creation of Homunculi, Golems, Tulpas, Egregores and “Assumption of God Forms" (a form of Theurgy).
- The Philosopher’s Stone (note double-headed eagle in centre of diamond). See also Vajra (diamond, thunderbolt).
- Double-Headed Eagle (The end product of the Magnum Opus). See also: Rebis in Alchemy, the divine Hermaphroditus (child of Hermes (Intellect) and Aphrodite (Feeling)), Ardanarishvara (androgynous form of Shiva merged with Parvati).
Will always have a place on my blog (but seriously some of those Gnostic Archons I’m sure weren’t that pale.)
Wow, check out all these old homies.
Most people consider mushrooms to be the small, ugly cousins of the plant kingdom, but theirs is surprisingly beautiful and wonderful world waiting to be explored. These beautiful mushrooms, captured by enthusiastic nature photographers, are a far cry from the ones you find in the woods or your local grocery store.
Most mushrooms, as we know them, are actually just the reproductive structure of the fungus they belong to – their fungal networks expand far further underground, and some fungi don’t even sprout the sort of mushrooms that we’re used to seeing. In fact, depending on your definition of “organism,” the largest living organism in the world is a fungus – there’s a honey mushroom colony in Oregon that occupies about 2,000 acres of land! ( Bored Panda )